Sioux Falls Morning Optimist Club
For over 50 years, the Sioux Falls Morning Optimist Club has served the youth in the community. Members volunteer to give freely of their time and effort to help improve the community so it is a better place for youth to live.
The Sioux Falls Morning Club dedicates 90% of its projects toward youth activities. It is proud to be a friend of youth and to be where help is needed. Our servcie club is an organization of civic-minded men and women who believe in our community, our children, and ourselves.
What does an Optimist Club do?
We do a little bit of everything in order to make the world a better place for youth to live. It is what makes us special and what makes you proud to be an Optimist.
Purposes of Optimism
To develop optimism as a phlosopy of life utilizing the tenets of the Optimist Creed;
To promote an active interest in good government and civic affairs;
To promote patriotism and work for international accord and friendship among all people;
To aid and encourage the development of youth in the belief that giving of oneself to others will advance the well-being of mankind, community, life, and the world.
What benefits will you get by joining an Optimist Club?
• To be a young person's hero;
• To be involved with the youth in our community;
• To make your community a better place to live;
• To meet other civic-minded volunteers sharing the same ideals;
• To work with the youth of our community;
• To help them improve their lives and self-esteem;
• To improve your own leadership skills;
• To develop social and business contact with others in the community;
• To prove to yourself that one person can make a difference.
Whether you are searching for an outlet to help your community, personal development, or rewarding camaraderie, you'll find what you're looking for in your local Optimist Club.
Joiners become more tolerant and empathetic to the needs of their community.